Sunday, April 6, 2014

Shel Silverstein

Introduction


She Silverstrein was  a famous poet and children author. He was born on September 25, 1930 in Chicago, Illnois. He died on May 10,1999 in Key West, Florida. Shel wrote a popular book for little kids and was a big hit called " The Giving Tree''. Shel became a poet and the things that inspierd him was writing about himself and the experiences surronding him. Shel also studied music. He became a cartoonist for Stars & Stripes magazine.





Paragraph 2

Messy Room
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
His underwear is hanging on the lamp.
His raincoat is there in the overstuffed chair,
And the chair is becoming quite mucky and damp.
His workbook is wedged in the window,
His sweater's been thrown on the floor.
His scarf and one ski are beneath the TV,
And his pants have been carelessly hung on the door.
His books are all jammed in the closet,
His vest has been left in the hall.
A lizard named Ed is asleep in his bed,
And his smelly old sock has been stuck to the wall.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
Donald or Robert or Willie or--
Huh? You say it's mine? Oh, dear,
I knew it looked familiar!
-Shel Silverstein
The theme of this poem is that a kid is proud of his room being a mess and someone saw it and thought that the person whos room that is should be ashamed of themself for having such a messy room. This poem stuck out to me because it looked very interesting and since I'm a messy oerson at my house, I wanted to see how messy someone elses room was.:) This poem relates to me because my room is really messy and I get in trouble and my parents say that I shoulod be ashamed of myself just like the kid ha ha. I think that the poet was mad because the poet couldn't belive how bad the kids room is . And said that the boy/girl should be ashamed of themself.

Paragraph 3

There are many different examples in the poem like alliteration, rhyme scheme, repetition. The rhyme scheme is a b c b d e f d e g h I a e j k .  A rhyme scheme is the pattern in the poem for example by using letters like  a and b. By having a rhyme scheme , it makes the poem better because it gives a beat and rhyme to help you as you read the poem and also by having a rhyme scheme, it also makes kids happy and get to rhyme to help them when they are older if they want to write poem.

Conclusion

If you have any questions/ comments, just put them in the comment box below. I hope you enjoyed my blog. Do you like Shel Silverstein books?






No comments:

Post a Comment